Tuesday 8 January 2008

Photo Adapting

About the image
The image is of my Grand-Dad with my sister and cousin
(I'm not in it because I don't want to embarrass myself)
















Original Copy
This is an image I have used for my folio for a scanned image. It is an old photo from many a year ago (before i was even born) I decided to enhance it though whilst waiting for a massive download. So I went onto photoshop and played with the Filters, Effects and Colour Channels. I also cropped off the old faded border (not to sure on what to call it) And I also used the clone tool to get rid of the scratched / damaged sky parts.















Random Effect I can't find anymore
This effect basically involved me placing a screen sheet over the image which had a gradient radial fill going from a orange to transparent. This is instead of using a colour overlay which would have been slapped all over the image. I guess the aim of this was to make it look old but without the damage. Definitely not my favorite out of the list though.















Despeckle
This was a simple preset effect from "filters" "blur" "despeckle". I am not really sure what that means so heres the wiki explanation HERE (enjoy)
Please don't sit there reading that.















Desaturated
This slightly different to the alls common black and white apparently and when i compared the effects were only slightly different shadings.















Reduced Noise
I don't know what to say so I will just say this...





YES?






1 comment:

Dale459 said...

yea.. well.. ur a Quim!